The 2014 Colon Cancer Challenge
A Day With The New Jersey Devils
Remembrance & Prevention Walk ~ Local Challenge
When: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 11:00 AM - 9PM
Location: Prudential Center (The Rock), Newark, NJ
Map: Use Mapquest to plan your trip
Check In: 11:00 AM in the Lafayette Tower
Opening Ceremony: 12:45 PM on the concourse
Registration: $35 includes event t-shirt, bagel, fruit, water, access to Wellness Festival, ticket in section 100 for Devils v. Avalanche game at 7pm on Nov. 15th and a group photo on the ice after the game.
Children 2 and over: Registration required
Registration deadline: November 7th, 2014
Contact us: 914.305.6674 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- This year's Remembrance & Prevention Walk will take place at the Prudential Center, affectionately nicknamed "The Rock" by patrons. The indoor arena is home of the New Jersey Devils and hosts concerts and events year-round.
- The Remembrance and Prevention Walk will take place on the concourse level of the arena between 11 AM and 2:30 PM. Teams will be invited to make their way around the track with their team members while high energy music keeps everyone motivated. This would be a great way to Challenge each other and other teams to do a certain number of laps!
- Survivors will be invited to celebrate their victory over colorectal cancer during a special Ceremony at 12:45 PM, including a Survivors Victory Lap and a group photo.
- Survivors and Sponsors will have access to a dedicated space and refreshments between 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM in the V.I.P. Surivors Lounge located in the Prudential Center's Fire Lounge. This spacious Lounge is located on the Main Concourse Level and provides easy access to the Main Councourse and sweeping views of the Arena.
- Participants will have access to our Wellness Festival featuring DJ Brad, children's activities, sponsor and exhibitor booths and of course the nationally known Rollin' Colon.
- Stay Tuned for details on a pre-game reception we will be hosting in the exclusive Goal Bar.
- If you can't join us at The Rock on November 15, consider hosting your own Local Challenge. You can create your own Challenge, start a team, host an event, even sleep in - all in support of our mission of eradicating colorectal cancer.
2014 marks the beginning of another successsful decade of our signature event - the Colon Cancer Challenge. Across the United States, teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations will come together to raise awareness of colorectal cancer, support those battling the disease and raise funds for the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation's strategic initiatives of Public Awareness, Prevention, Screening, and Research.
WHY TAKE THE CHALLENGE?
While we have made great progress in reducing incidence and death rates of those 50 or older over the last decade through the prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer through screening – the simple fact is colorectal cancer is still the third most commonly diagnosed cancer and the third leading cause of cancer death. And incidence rates and death of those under 50 have increased at an alarming rate each year.
In 2013 an estimated 142,820 people were diagnosed with colorectal cancer and nearly 50,830 people died of the disease here in the US. We lose 5 of our friends, family members, co-workers, classmates or neighbors every hour.
WHERE DO THE FUNDS RAISED GO?
Every participant in the Colon Cancer Challenge is encouraged to celebrate our 11th Anniversary by raising $100 or more to help fight colorectal cancer.
Funds raised by teams and individuals helps provide:
- Free educational materials and events in communities around the country
- A national tour of our educational inflatable colon – Rollin’ Colon
- Prevention programs in and around New York City including colonoscopy screening efforts for the uninsured and underserved
- Funding to support colorectal research at leading institutions
- Awards to young colorectal cancer investigators presenting at the world’s premier colorectal cancer societies
The Colon Cancer Challenge offers survivors, family and friends of those affected by colorectal cancer a unique opportunity to raise public awareness and contribute to the fight against this preventable, yet often fatal disease.
Choose the Remembrance & Prevention Walk or The Local Challenge. No matter what distance you cover, you’ll make up ground in the race to prevent colorectal cancer.
CHECK OUT OUR 10th ANNIVERSARY VIDEO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1UiX1n51Ec
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR? Please CONTACT US