The 2016 New York Colon Cancer Challenge
Certified, Timed 5K ~ Remembrance & Prevention Walk ~ Kid's Fun Run ~ Local Challenge
When: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 10:00 AM
Location: Randall's Island Use MTA Trip Planner to plan your trip
Registration deadline: ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE EVENT. ONSITE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE.
- Event Info
- Schedule of Events & Map
- Event FAQ
- Fundraising Tool Kit
- My Local Challenge FAQ
- I Want to Volunteer
- Grant Opportunities
2016 marks the 13th year of our signature event - the Colon Cancer Challenge. Across the United States, teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations will come together to raise awareness of colorectal cancer, support those battling the disease and raise funds for the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation's strategic initiatives of Public Awareness, Prevention, Screening and Research.
We are delighted to announce our return to New York City and to partner with the Randall's Island Park Alliance for our signature event!
- Take on the Challenge of a certified - officially timed 5K that loops around the pristine grounds of Randall's Island. RI is truly an urban oasis. You will pass freshwater wetlands, a tidal forest and take in stunning city vistas during this competetive run. Participants will complete the last leg of the course inside Icahn Stadium ON this historic and nationally recognized track.
- Just in - We are adding Age Group Awards: 14 & under through 85 & over in 5 year increments! Stay tuned for a sneak peak at this year's Top Finishers Medals!
- This year's Remembrance & Prevention Walk will also loop through the park past the city's stunning vistas, wetlands and uplands. Participants will complete the last leg of the course inside Icahn Stadium ON this historic and nationally recognized track.
- NEW! Kid's 12 and under can participate in the day's activities with their own Fun Run! Every participant receives a Finishers Medal.
- Kids ages 2-5 will complete a 100 yard dash
- Kids ages 6-9 200 will complete a yard dash
- Kids 10-12 will complete a full lap on the 1/4 track
- Survivors and caregivers will be recognized during the Opening ceremony and victory lap around the Icahn Stadium track.
- Partipants will have use of park after the event - we encourage you to make a day of it, bring a picnic lunch and visit the annual Harvest Festival featuring live music, guided tours etc... https://randallsisland.org/events/harvest-festival/
- Participants will have access to Sponsor and Exhibitor booths from 8:30 AM - 2PM
- If you can't join us at Randall's Island on October 1st consider hosting your own Local Challenge. You can create your own Challenge, start a team, host an event, even sleep in - all in support of our mission of eradicating colorectal cancer.